What exactly are computer glasses? How can computer glasses help? Do I need computer glasses?
Whatever our occupation or lifestyle, we all spend several hours every day in front of blue screens. The computer, the phone, the TV, the tablet - these devices play an important role in our daily lives, especially in recent times when both learning and working are largely or entirely done remotely.
Long hours spent in front of screens are definitely not good for eye health and vision. Working at a computer for long periods of time requires you to rest your eyes from time to time, but this may not be enough for long periods of time.
One of the most effective and easiest ways to protect your eyes from screens and blue screen radiation is to wear special computer glasses, or computer goggles. What are computer glasses and how do they help my eyes?
At ROOPERT, we have seen first-hand how computer glasses can improve both health and overall well-being.
Find out what computer glasses are and how they work:
What are computer glasses?
Computer glasses are specially designed glasses that protect your eyes from excessive blue light. By wearing computer glasses, it is possible to protect your eyes from possible computer vision syndrome, as well as other vision problems and diseases.
What is the harm of prolonged screen use?
Of course, we can't really avoid using computers and other screens, and there are no major risks or problems in using them temporarily. However, prolonged use of screens can lead to various eye problems, which may have already been reported.
Here are the most common problems that can arise from excessive use of screens:
- Dry and strained eyes. The most common problem, characterised by a burning and stinging sensation in the eyes, as well as redness and irritation to light. These symptoms can lead to computer vision syndrome. It is characterised by headaches, blurred vision and trigger pain.
- Jittery sleep. Researchers at Harvard University have found that spending six hours a day in front of different screens can shift the sleep cycle and cause it to fluctuate by up to 3 hours more than usual. Blue light from screens also significantly reduces the hormone melatonin, which is vital for a good night's sleep.
- Tired eyes. Dry eyes and computer vision syndrome are not the only eye problems that can occur with prolonged screen use. Tired eyes are a problem you may have to deal with often. They make it difficult to concentrate at work or in other activities.
- Vision problems. Unfortunately, once your eyes start to suffer, vision problems are only a matter of time. It is common for vision to deteriorate with age, but excessive screen use can, and often does, accelerate this process. Therefore, if you work with a computer every day, you need to act early and take care of your eyes and vision.
How can computer glasses help?
As with UV radiation and prolonged exposure to the sun, our eyes need to be protected just like our skin. No one can imagine spending hours under the sun without a quality sunscreen that protects the skin. The same goes for our eyes.
Our daily lives are increasingly made up of digital devices, and we are increasingly aware that our eyes are suffering and need to be protected. Computer glasses can help, as can sunscreen.
The computer glasses consist of specially designed lenses with a coating that protects your eyes from the blue light inherent in screens. Your eyes feel less tired, protected and feel better. Computer glasses protect your eyes!
Plus, computer glasses are stylish and everyone can find their favourite model from our ROOPERT catalogue.
What are the benefits of computer glasses?
- Improved ability of the eyes to concentrate
- Reduced glare and eye strain
- Reduces the risk of computer vision syndrome
- Improved overall well-being
- Better quality sleep
See HERE and read our article on how to choose and buy the right pair of computer glasses for you!
Protect your eyes - choose ROOPERT computer glasses!